2013 Yamaha YZ250D2
The 2-Stroke Lives!
The YZ250 is the standard by which every other 250cc 2-stroke motocross bike wishes they could live up to. With giggle inducing power, unbelievable lightweight handling and legendary Yamaha durability. Plus, 2-strokes are easier and cost less to maintain!
• A light aluminum frame housing a patented YPVS® Power valve-equipped ripper of an engine results in an awesome power-to-weight ratio.
• The YZ250 is ready to race out of the crate, complete with an aluminum handlebar, titanium foot pegs, gripper seat, and Excel® rims.
• Ultra lightweight means nimble handling with less fatigue.
• 249cc liquid-cooled reed-valve-inducted two-stroke engine is lightweight, compact and features an incredibly wide, hard-hitting powerband.
• Patented YPVS® power-valve system combines crisp, hard-hitting, bottom-end acceleration with strong midrange and eye-opening top-end.
• Special-design carbon fiber reed-valve petals improve throttle response and engine performance across the entire rpm range.
• Smooth-shifting, five-speed, close-ratio transmission with heavy-duty, multiplate clutch.
• Primary kickstarter ensures smooth, easy starting action and reduced weight.
• Large-capacity radiator features a ten-row core with four louvers for maximum cooling efficiency.
• 38mm Keihin® PWK carburetor with power jet and throttle position sensor (TPS) ensures precise fuel/air mixing and extra-crisp throttle response throughout the powerband.
• Digital CDI ignition system delivers precise spark for faster, stronger response anywhere in the powerband.
• Trick, works-style clutch lever features race-spec barrel adjuster for on-the-fly adjustability.
• YZ250F-style front-brake caliper and wave-style front and rear discs minimize unsprung weight and provide excellent stopping power.
• The KYB® 48mm forks feature the Speed-Sensitive System that uses piston speed to control damping force for super-precise handling and a smooth ride.
• A carefully engineered, advanced aluminum frame and swingarm give the YZ250 the best handling in the 250 class.
• Removable aluminum rear subframe is constructed of square-section tubing for reduced weight.
• Rear, fully adjustable KYB® shock features a super-light titanium shock spring and reduced-friction Kashima coating of internals. 12.4 inches of travel, separate adjusters for high-speed and low-speed compression damping, and a full lock oil rebound system for increased comfort all add up to fantastic rear wheel control and a sweet ride.
• Lightweight 21-inch front and 19-inch rear Excel rims provide exceptional durability and help reduce unsprung weight for optimal suspension, performance and handling.
• Tapered rear wheel spacers ease sliding the rear wheel into place for quicker tire changes.
• Premium Dunlop® knobbies offer race-spec traction and wear.
• Wide, cleated, folding titanium footpegs are lightweight and provide excellent comfort, grip and ground clearance.
• Special-design “gripper” type seat and fuel tank, forward-canted steering crown and low handlebar provide excellent movement and more comfortable ergonomics for riders.
• Wide-diameter fuel tank cap ensures easier usage, while larger tank opening means faster, hassle-free refueling.
• A light and strong aluminum handlebar in adjustable mounts means comfort and control.
• Premium drive chain has gold-colored plates for outstanding looks.
• Use of light box-head bolts throughout the chassis eases maintenance while reducing weight and increasing performance.
• Repackable exhaust silencer.
• Durable, comfortable handlebar grips.
- Type: 249cc liquid-cooled 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- Bore x Stroke: 66.4 x 72.0mm
- Compression Ratio: 8.9~10.6:1
- Fuel Delivery: Keihin® PWK38S
- Ignition: CDI
- Transmission: Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive: Chain Drive
- Suspension / Front: Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in travel
- Suspension / Rear: Fully adjustable single shock, 12.4-in travel
- Brakes / Front: Hydraulic single disc brake, 250mm
- Brakes / Rear: Hydraulic single disc brake, 245mm
- Tires / Front: 80/100-21-51M
- Tires / Rear: 110/90-19-62M
- Length: 85.7 in
- Width: 32.6 in
- Height: 51.4 in
- Seat Height: 39.1 in
- Wheelbase: 58.3 in
- Ground Clearance: 15.0 in
- Fuel Capacity: 2.1 gal
- Wet Weight: 227 lb
- Warranty: 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)
- Engine Type
- 2-stroke; reed-valve inducted
- 249 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 66.4 x 72.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin® PWK38S
- Front Suspension
- Speed-Sensitive System inverted fork; fully adjustable, 11.8-in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 250 mm
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Fully adjustable single shock, 12.4-in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Hydraulic single disc brake, 245 mm
- Rear Tire
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 227 lb.
- Fuel Capacity
- 2.1 gal.
- 58.3 in.
- Ground Clearance
- 15.0 in.
- Seat Height
- 39.1 in.
- Constant-mesh 5-speed; multiplate wet clutch
- Final Drive
- Chain Drive
- Team Yamaha Blue/White
- 30 Day (Limited Factory Warranty)